Cinnamon Oil (Bark)
Cinnamon Oil (Bark) is a seasoning acquired from internal bark of tree of genus cinnamomum. This kind of spice is cultivated by developing the tree for 02 years, and thereafter cutting stems at land level, incoming year about a dozen fresh shoots will create from the roots, changing those that were cut. These stems must be processed instantly after harvesting whereas inner bark is still wet. Cinnamon's Flavor is because of an aromatic essential oil. Bark of cinnamon is extensively utilized as seasoning; it is utilized as a condiment as well as flavoring agent. Cinnamon Oil (Bark) is popular flavoring in alcoholic beverages.
Cinnamon is prepared by roughly pounding the bark, breaking in sea water & quickly distilling the whole.
It is Golden yellow in color with characteristic odor of cinnamon & very hot aromatic taste.
It blends well with lemon essential oil, rosemary oil, geranium & cardamom etc.
- It is most popular herb for flavoring & medicinal uses.
- It boosts activity of the brain.
- It is great for treatment of pimples because it is a good blood purifier.
- It can improve blood circulation as it has a compound which helps in thinning of blood.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties thus it helps in removing stiffness of muscles & joints.
- It helps in removing headaches that are caused by cold.
- It can help in controlling blood sugar.
- It can treat internal as well as external infection.
- It helps in destroying germs in the gall bladder & bacteria present in staph infections.
- It acts as coagulant & helps to stop excess bleeding.
- It can prevent coronary heart disease & high BP.
- It reduces risk of colon cancer.
- It is used in chewing gum as it is a good mouth freshener.
- It helps in cold, sore throat & congestion.
- It provides Relief from menstrual discomfort & cramping.
- It helps in natural birth control.
- It aids in secretion of healthy breast milk.
- It helps in the secretion & discharge of urine.
- It has various applications in Aromatherapy.
- It is used as room freshener.
- It is a great mosquito repellant.
- It is natural antibacterial agent.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS
- It should be avoided for internal consumption.
- It can have adverse effect on skin if used in concentrated form.
- It should be diluted before applying topically and one should do a patch test before applying.